Free Rewards Checking
Rewards make everybody happy, and this account is sure to put a smile on your face. Earn an amazing 3.01% APY* on balances up to $10,000, putting you that much closer to your financial goals.
Plus, enjoy ATM fee refunds not just around Southern Maine, but nationwide! Best of all, there is no monthly service fee or minimum balance requirements. Get Rewards Happy with Free Rewards Checking today!
- 3.01% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 0.50% dividend rate* on amount of balance over $10,000 (resulting in a 3.01%–0.50% APY depending on balance)
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $25 per month)*
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Free online banking with bill pay
- Free E-Statements
- Free Visa® debit card
- Access to 4,900 branches nationwide through shared branching
- No minimum opening deposit
Qualifying for rewards is so easy, you're probably already doing it! It's as simple as doing the following each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and clear
- Have at least 1 automatic payment or direct deposit post and clear
- Receive free eStatements
If you don't meet the qualifications one month, don't worry. There is no penalty, and you still have a free checking account that earns our base dividend rate. Plus, you can get back to earning huge dividends and nationwide ATM fee refunds the very next month.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 10/15/2012. Rates may change after account is opened. There's no minimum deposit to open. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1)Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $25 and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2)balances up to $10,000 receive APY of 3.01%; and (3)balances over $10,000 earn 0.50% dividend rate on portion of balance over $10,000, resulting in 3.01% -0.50% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and clear account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and clear an account. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Fees may reduce earnings.
How do I deposit money?
- Use direct deposit for your payroll or government checks; this gives you instant access to your funds without having to visit a branch. Most employers and most government agencies offer this free service. If your employer does offer direct deposit, great! They'll have you fill out a simple form and you'll be good to go.
- Wire transfer money from your current account into your newly opened account (contact Town & County Federal Credit Union for details.)
- Mail your checks to Town & County Federal Credit Union at: PO Box 9420, South Portland, ME 04106 Or you can visit any of our branches. Visit our website for location and hours for the branch nearest you.
How do I access my money?
- Shortly after opening a new Free Rewards Checking account, Town & Country Federal Credit Union sends you a free debit card. Checks can be ordered for this account at any time.
- Free Rewards Checking also has free online banking that gives you the freedom to access your account from anywhere you have an Internet connection. With online banking you can view account activity, transfer funds between accounts and confirm deposit amounts. Use Town & Country's free online bill pay service to pay bills online, saving you time and money.
How do I check my balance?
- Town & County offers free online banking with 24-hour access to your account information.
- Contact Town & County toll free at 800-649-3495 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to assist you.
What if I need to talk to someone at the institution?
- Simply call Town & County at 800-649-3495 or 207-773-5656 or email us at email@example.com and we'll provide the same great member service you get when you visit one of our branches.
What happens if I don't meet the qualifications during a monthly cycle?
- If there's a monthly qualification cycle you don't meet the qualifications, don't worry. There's no penalty and you still have a free checking account that earns a base interest rate of 0.05% APY*. Plus, the next month you qualify, you'll be back to earning the reward dividend rate and receiving nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $25 per cycle).
How will I know if I meet the qualifications during each monthly qualification cycle?
- Town & County sends you an email at the end of each monthly qualification cycle that lets you know if you met the qualifications. There's no penalty for not qualifying, and you still have a free checking account that earns a base interest rate of 0.05% APY*. Plus, the next month you qualify, you'll be back to earning the reward dividend rate and receiving nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $25 per cycle).
Is Rewards Checking insured?
- Yes. Rewards Checking is fully backed by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA).
Is this too good to be true?
- Not in the least! You qualify when you do the following EACH MONTHLY QUALIFICATION CYCLE: Have at least 12 check card purchases post and clear, Receive eStatements instead of paper ones, and have at least 1 automatic payment or direct deposit post and clear
- These activities help Town & County save money, which we pass along to you.
Is there a minimum balance to open a Rewards Checking account?
- There is no minimum to open the account.
Is there a minimum balance to maintain or to earn rewards?
- No! That's one of the many great benefits of Town & Country's Free Rewards Checking.
Do I still get checks with this account?
Yes, you still use checks as you would with any checking account. When you open your Free Rewards Checking account, talk to your member services representative about ordering checks.
Will I be reimbursed for my ATM transactions after each withdrawal or at the end of the statement cycle?
Whenever you meet the monthly cycle qualifications, your nationwide ATM fee refunds occur at the end of the qualification cycle (up to $25 per cycle).
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield
- Qualification Cycle Dates 2012-2013
- December 31, 2012 to January 30, 2013
- January 31, 2013 to February 27, 2013
- February 28, 2013 to March 29, 2013
- March 30, 2013 to April 29, 2013
- April 30, 2013 to May 30, 2013
- May 31, 2013 to June 28, 2013
- June 29, 2013 to July 30, 2013
- July 31, 2013 to August 30, 2013
- August 31, 2013 to September 29, 2013
- September 30, 2013 to October 30, 2013
- October 31, 2013 to November 29, 2013
- November 30, 2013 to December 30, 2013
- December 31, 2013 to January 30, 2014