Overdraft Opt In
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We offer two different ways to cover your overdrafts:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as links to savings account and lines of credit (loans). These may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. Ask us for more information on these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you authorize us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Town & Country Federal Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is no limit per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you may complete the form below.