We’re dedicated to helping the neighborhoods we serve
Town & Country is passionate about the community, and we want to do our part to help our neighbors. So we created the Better Neighbor Fund in 2010. Through the Better Neighbor Fund, we make grants available to local non-profits, charitable organizations and community groups across Southern Maine to support initiatives and designed to improve the community. Grant recipients are nominated and selected by the public through an online voting process.
Each fall, Town & Country’s Better Neighbor Fund gives away a total of $25,000 to eight non-profits across Cumberland and York Counties to support good works in the community. Since 2010, Town & Country has given away $200,000 to support 64 local initiatives through the Better Neighbor Fund.
Congratulations to the 2018 Better Neighbor Fund grant winners!
The response to the 2018 Better Neighbor Fund program was inspiring with over 8,500 finalist votes cast through Facebook!
The winners of the 2018 Better Neighbor Fund grants include:
- $5,000 Grant—Chenette Scholarship Fund – expand scholarship program for Thornton Academy and Old Orchard Beach High School students pursuing civic engagement and entrepreneurial studies
- $5,000 Grant—Camp Sunshine – support Family Sponsorship Program to help families of children with life-threatening illnesses attend camp
- $5,000 Grant—Frannie Peabody Center – support the Emergency Food Fund to provide nutritional assistance for clients living with HIV/AIDS in Maine
- $2,000 Grant—First Lutheran Church - Give a Child a Chance – provide tuition to pre-school program for needy local families
- $2,000 Grant—Gym Dandies Children’s Circus – support preparation and skills development for this children’s performance groups next national appearance
- $2,000 Grant—Hope Acts – replace beds and other furnishings for Hope House, a residential home to support asylum seekers in Maine
- $2,000 Grant—Spurwink’s Child Abuse Program – provide forensic medical exams for children in Maine who are abused or neglected
- $2,000 Grant—Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine – bring science, visual arts and theatre programs to children at the Portland Family Shelter’s 2019 summer school
Congratulations to all of this year's winners and nominees!
Come experience what we can do for you.