Local Helping Local Builds Community
As a Maine business, we live here, too, so we value strong communities which enrich and contribute to our daily lives. This not only includes financial wellness opportunities dedicated to giving everyone a chance to succeed financially, but also supporting organizations that make where we live vibrant and strong.
Our award-winning ‘Local Helping Local’ program reinforces our focus of giving back to our members and our communities. From financial wellness workshops that are accessible to all to creating partnerships and relationships with organizations and businesses that are critical to strong communities, all of our decisions are local and intended to benefit and support members, non-profits, communities and other organizations.
In 2021, we provided more than $250K in direct and in-kind financial support to more than 200 non-profits, businesses and organizations in southern Maine. We do this not because we have to, like many other financial institutions are required to do by law, but because it’s the right thing to do. We know that the more we can build up our community and make it a better place for all generations positively impacts the present and the future.
Through this program, we have touched the community in many ways:
- Recognized the tireless work of our frontline healthcare workers by regularly purchasing meals for workers at southern Maine’s three major hospitals.
- Launched an initiative aimed at increasing awareness for the importance of screenings for all kinds of cancer. Partnering with the Maine Cancer Foundation, we introduced a public service campaign called ‘Check ME’ funding hundreds of TV spots reinforcing early detection of all types of cancer.
- Raised awareness for childhood hunger by contributing funds that provided 25,000 meals to students in every school district in Cumberland and York counties.
- Partnered with the Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland with a month-long effort that included financial support and awareness to help our furry friends
- Teamed up with Portland Trails with the adoption of a popular trail route near the Presumpscot River in Portland.
- Provided funds for more than 10,000 meals for older adults and children.
Come experience what we can do for you.