Take advantage of our Overdraft Privilege service
Town & Country’s discretionary Overdraft Privilege service may help you avoid the potential cost and hassle of an overdraft while adding value to your account.
We offer a standard overdraft protection service for all eligible accounts that will cover your checks and automatic bill payments in the case of an overdraft. In addition, we may authorize ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card purchases.
In order to receive these benefits, you need to opt-in to our Overdraft Privilege service for ATM and everyday debit cards purchases.
To opt-in for Overdraft Privilege, simply click the "Opt In Now" button and follow the instructions. We will send you a letter to confirm your choice once you opt-in.
Summary of Overdraft Privilege
There are many great reasons to opt-in for Town & Country's Overdraft Privilege service:
- It can pay up to $800 in overdrafts on eligible personal accounts ($1,500 on eligible business accounts)
- Avoid embarrassment, inconvenience and expensive charges from merchants for returned items
- Use it for online bill payment and ACH transactions
- Costs you nothing to sign up and add protection to your account
- Our normal non-sufficient funds or overdraft charges will apply to each item that would create an overdraft on your account
- We will send you a notice each time an overdraft occurs
Restrictions do apply. Be sure to read the Overdraft Privilege Service Policy below for more program details.Overdraft Privilege Service Policy
Come experience what we can do for you.
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction but we pay it anyway. We offer two different ways to cover your overdrafts:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as links to savings account and lines of credit (loans). These may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. Ask us for more information on these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you authorize us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authroize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Town & Country Federal Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $30 each time we pay an overdraft
- There is no limit per day on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you may complete the form below.
Thank you for your submission! We'll update your account with your selection.